Lambir National Park

on Tuesday 24 November 2009


Today I woke up around 10 something. Then lay down on my bed for one hour sms-ing. After that I suddenly I remembered that I needed to go to Lambir to help Hui gor with his event. This event was for 2 biggest pharmaceutical companies, Pfizer and Wyeth which just got merged and the regional marketing team for both companies came to Miri to have meetings and get together sessions. It was weird to think that a company that big would pick Miri this small city to have their meeting.

So, I prepared myself showered had a fast brunch and waited for Hui gor to come and pick me up. I waited and waited. Until it was already 12 so, I called him. He was already on his way to Lambir already. Luckily I called. Then, after he picked me, we went to Miri Heritage to pick up an Iban Uncle who sells handicrafts and also blow pipes and a Curtin Student who was going to teach them traditional dance.

After that, we head to the National Park. It was a long journey. Once we arrived, we unloaded everything. From there, we had to move everything to the waterfall. It was a 10 minutes plus walk from the entrance to the waterfall. Everyone had their own things to carry.


 The waterfall we went to. There were a few more.



 Reading the signs. Alot of accidents happened here.



 What a sight.

At the waterfall, we set up the games and the table for the refreshment. Then, I tired the blow pipe. I was the first time in my life that I tried hitting a target with a blow pipe. It was fun. I eventually understood how to aim and shoot.

 Trying to hit the bullseye.


 The long ass blow pipe.


Then, I was asked to head back to the entrance with Terry, Dick and Simon 老师. We were going back there to prepare for the arrival of the guest. Upon arrival they were suppose to put their hands on white plaster (like superstars in Hollywood) and have their hand printed on it. It was a failure. It was due to the limited time and inefficient amount of plaster. 





 The plaster in powder form.


So, they decided to just move on to the waterfall. At the waterfall they learned to dance, make traditional Chinese biscuit shaped like bee hives, learn how to use blow pipe and light refreshments. While they were still shooting balloons with the blow pipe, the sky start to turn dark and it was about to rain so they were asked to go out and we started packing the stuffs.


Unfortunately, by the time we finished packing everything and started to head back to the entrance, the rain started pouring down. It was quite heavy. When we reached the entrance, we were all wet and cold.

Head home after that. Took a hot shower.

Not everything went according to plan. Overall it was fun and enjoyable.

It had been so long since I last went outdoor hiking.

0 comments: